Thursday, November 18, 2010

When should I perform these routine maintenance?

First of all, I have a 1989 Toyota Cressida and I live in southern California.

I'm creating a maintenance checklist for myself, but I need some help doing so.



I'm going to list a bunch of car maintenance items. Please tell me how often and how I should %26quot;perform%26quot; or %26quot;check%26quot; each task (every X miles or X months/years or whichever comes first... or however you best describe it).



Feel free to modify the list. Add, remove,rearrange items (from highest priority to lowest etc), or put into categories the way you think it would be a more convenient.



And note anything that should be checked/changed at the same time for convenience purposes.



radiator cap

air filter

fuel filter

spark plugs

distributor

wiper blades





battery:

terminals

water level



Hoses:

fuel hoses

radiator hose



Belts:

timing belt

fan belt



fluids:

engine oil

transmission

brake fluid

power steering

radiator fluid

antifreeze

windshield washer



wheels/tires:

tires

balance

rotation

air pressure

wheel bearings

brake pads



Check:

oil level every fuel-upWhen should I perform these routine maintenance?
The owners manual should have most of those items listed in it. If yours is missing, go to an auto parts store and get a Haynes manual for around $20. If you are short on cash, here is a link I found.



http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/selecWhen should I perform these routine maintenance?
alot of these items should have been changed a long time ago.

a better idea is to join a model specific forum and share your pains and triumphs with a group. here is a site with a cressida following
  • skin whiteners bleach creams
  • medium hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment